The other Half
Almost everyone in the service dressed in their most treasured attires. Women rock their 'gele, iro and buba', and some others, nice jackets on skirts. Men rock it with 'agbada and fila', some in blazers and jeans and others in T-shirts and trousers. Youths and children too looked fantastic.
What are they celebrating?
It's was the first Sunday of the month. It is always celebrated as family Sunday for Thanksgiving. That of yesterday was superb because it was the beginning of the second-half of the year.
Despite the cheerfulness of the congregation to pass "happy new month wishes", I observed she just look bored, worried and seemed not to be okay. I decided to get closer to her and ask if all is well or not;
"Hello... And some other prologue... "
She voiced out, "it's like this year is unfavorable to me. Everybody are celebrating the first Sunday of the second-half but I wasn't, simply because I got nothing worth celebrating."
She paused
"You may say being alive worth celebrating, but what worth celebrating in a living one is not accountable for?
First month's resolutions are untouched, that of the second month are buried in the pool of difficulty. Third month's worsen the situation and makes it complicated."
First month's resolutions are untouched, that of the second month are buried in the pool of difficulty. Third month's worsen the situation and makes it complicated."
"See, as I speak with you now, I have considered that this year is gone and nothing could be done again..."
I couldn't let her speak further as I cut it.
With smiles, I replied her, "dear, you are a bit wrong with your perception..."
Every of your resolutions from the beginning of the year can still come to fulfilment including the ones you are to conceive.
Life is so fair to us by giving us today; to correct yesterday's mistake and prevent tomorrow's reoccurence.
Truly, this is the second-half of the year. The first-half may seem very dark and unproductive. But opportunity to have an other side is a great chance to make something done.
Considering many football teams, you would discovered that many teams' best performance are revealed after the first-half.
Though the first-half is darkened, but the light of the second-half can still ignite the previous dark era.
Though the first-half is weak, by the strength left in the second-half, you can still be strong.
The first-half may seem unproductive, dear, take responsibility to start from somewhere.
The first-half may seem unsuccessful, shun fear, shun doubt and take action.
Your dreams and aspirations might have shattered, you might have been hurt, betrayed or disappointed in the first-half, dear, gather your pieces to become whole again.
The second-half is another chance for you to do what you have to do. However, It must be done well.
As I close, let me assure you that you can smile again, you can love and be loved again, you can be strong again.
It's the #second_half, rise about guilt and past failures.
To your personal development this was written.
I am Joe, I treat and heal Personal, Emotional, Character Development wounds and scars.
Post a Comment