Saturday, 29 September 2018

Lie is lie by Fasalejo Joseph

Sometimes the level of people's poor attitudes towards honesty caused me to question if what the scripture said about unrighteousness is untrue.

"Every unrighteousness," it states, "is a sin."

I also found it very funny most times when some people claim lies have colors... 

"White lie, pure/ impure lie, black lie... " forgetting that lie is lie

I was with my publisher some weeks ago. Where I sat waiting for him, I saw an old woman (of around 65-70 years of age)  dressed up in a social outfit.

I realized she was late for a meeting because she walked in haste. She had not walk a distance farther when her phone rang.

"Hello, yes... I'm almost there.. . I'm inside bus... "

"What! Old people too lie" I reacted

That's not all. I have also seen and heard people who had turn their mobile phones to an instrument of lie.

An old saying says, it is better to say the truth to make someone cry than to tell lies and make someone laugh.

Can't lie be avoided for once?

If you can't but lie, can't you strive to adjust those areas you lie about so that there won't be need to lie?

Oh, I remember someone once said that some people won't believe you unless you tell them lies.
If that is your own resolution, let me tell you that, the dignity of a man's character is knowing him for who and what his word is.

It is also must be stated, an African saying that, "to say the truth and die is better than to tell lie and live. "

Be more attentive,

There is nothing more honorable than be transparent.

Forget the fact that you received great kudos after you lied, forget the fact that you earned more respect for lying. The day your lie is revealed, you lost all the benefits you inherited on a platter of lie.

Let me close with this, honesty is an act, trust is its reward; to win the gift, you must display the act.

#LieIsLie
#ShunIt
#Joe
=============

=============

Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search