Saturday, 29 September 2018

How Long can you last? By Naic Chimankpa

"How long can you last?" 

That was what she asked me. At first, I pretended as of I didn't hear her. 

She asked again, "how long can you last?"

This time around, I didn't find it funny. I had to ask her, "how do you mean?"

She went ahead to put it straight to my face. 

"So you mean you don't know how long you can last as a man? Even as a woman, I know I can last a lifetime, as long as he brings me satisfaction."

In my head, I said, "Chima, wetin carry you come prospect this woman today?"
I felt I had met the wrong prospect.

My sole aim was to present various real estate investment offers to her. But she just changed the whole thing for me.

I was practically sweating, when she said those words the third time. She should be in her late 30s, although not married. I couldn't have imagined discussing such with her.

She went ahead to even shake more tables.

"Naic, I see all that you do in real estate on Facebook, and I've also seen some of your cute pictures. I'm impressed with your physique. In Igbo, we'll say, 'idi okay'"

"Now, I want us to take this whole thing beyond what you do on Facebook, I want to know how long you can last with me."

At this point, I was no longer scared to really understand her. So I asked, "ma'am, how long do you want me to last?"

At this point, she looked at me, with so much fire in her eyes, slammed her hand on her table, and screamed, "now you have shown to be smart. That's the question I expected from you."
She went further.

"Naic, I want you to last as long as you are satisfied, as long as it pays your bills, as long as you can build a brand around it, as long as it is in line with where you are going to, as long as it can afford you a private jet. I want you to last in real estate."

I exhaled, and screamed, wow!.

She smiled, and said, "I knew I got you. Relax, I'm cool having you as my personal realtor. We have much more business to do together."

I handed her the subscription form to one of our estate here in Port Harcourt. She glanced through it, and asked me to comeback on Friday for the cheque.

I was happy leaving her office.

Now listen to me,

  • As a network marketer, how long can you last?
  • As a digital marketer, how long can you last?
  • As a public speaker, how long can you last?
  • As a writer, how long can you last?
  • As a fashion designer, how long can you last?
  • As a graphic designer, how long can you last?
  • As a painter, how long can you last?
  • As a baker, how longer can you last?

You see, most of us haven't really sat down to ask ourselves how long we can actually last in what we are doing right now.

Some of us are actually doing what technology will phase out within the shortest time.
Some of us are not growing side by side the rising technology in our field.

With what you are doing right now, how long can you last?

Can you build a brand like DANGOTE, FORTE, AMAZON, APPLE, around it?
HOW LONG CAN YOU LAST?

Nota bene: The story above, is purely a fiction story. No harm was done, no bird was shot incidentally.

Don't let your mind tell you otherwise.

Its your boy,
Naic.

Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search