Poke it or stay barren...
I had gone to the ATM to withdraw some cash when I noticed that only one of the two ATMs had a queue. The other one had nobody standing before it.
I didn't want to ask to avoid being told something like 'e be like you think say all these people na mumu wey make them stand for queue."
I joined the queue. We all waited. I was to travel a distance of an hour and the night was fast closing in.
But something happened, a young man just walked in straight, and without asking any questions, first went ahead to try out the dormant ATM. Frrrrrrrrrm, the machine dished out some notes to him. He giggled and left.
You already know what happened after that right? Your guess is correct. The queue dislodged and many people trooped to that ATM wanting to make it to the front, thereby leaving a few of us on the old queue to adjust and close up.
Because I had that feeling before but did not take action to try out, I wasn't happy. So I maintained my ground and patiently remained on the old queue.
Well, some still returned when they couldn't make it to the front of the new queue.
Then began laughter and chats among the people there. Some wished they had tried it first. The young man who just walked in and tried it was long gone while we who were there before him remained.
What was the difference? He took the bold step to try what most people (including me) felt would not work. Perhaps it wasn't paying before then but just about that time, the network was restored and he was so-to-say, lucky. Some thoughts would have gone through his mind, but he moved on to try anyway.
See guyz, in your daily life and career, this would always happen to you if you fail to take action when others hide in deep contemplation.
Your comfort zone is toxic. You just haven't realized it yet. What everyone thinks is right may not always be right anyway. So shun the bandwagon. Take responsibility for your unique steps in life and rock your regal splendour.
He might have thought about the ATM withholding his card. He might have also thought about TEMPORARILY UNABLE TO DISPENSE CASH. And also asking those who were there before him. But he moved...
In this life, you're largely on your own.
Yah, God's grace is ultimate and for us all. But do your bit. Do something. Move it.
Live your best life always.
By Chukwuebuka Valentine Eval
Post a Comment