Friday, 28 September 2018

The Academian by Samuel Omotayo

Song to the academician by SAMUEL omotayo
Started like the root of a tree.
°
Taking steps towards greatness
Paying up all the fees
Sweating it out for the prize called success
°
Cock crows
Bell rings
Assembly time, line in order
Leaving space for the others
Seeing the well tailored uniform
Introduced to us by the white man
°
Cane oh cane I fear
My future to thou I draw near
Going for classes
Reading with the aid of glasses
Examination cry I hear
With grievous fear
Of failing to proceed
Hereby yielding no proceded
From my sweat and Labour
°
Tired I am
Tired of what I hear
Of the white man's book I answered with fear
Mother
Why art thou beating me
For expressing my frustration
I heard her say
Don't end up in perdition
Finally an air of hope blows bye
Waec I see as an escape route
To the higher learning institution of my choice
°
Freedom I crave for
Freedom I see Beakon on me
Results out
I won
Am free
Then I heard a loud laugh
Who art thou? I ask
Jamb beareth thou me
Defeat I will ensure
If only I can be assured
Of my much craved freedom
Defeat me;I hear him say
And you will gain your freedom at the end of the day
°
Examination bell I hear
Examination time is near
So I burned the midnight candle
Hoping God will bless my hustle
Defeat I promised it
Defeating him I achieved
Finally I crossed the huddle
Even through the rigorous bossle
I crossed the final lane of post jamb
University here I come
Then reality dawn on me
°
Scam! Scam!! Big scam!!!
No freedom
All I see is oppression
Lectures fixed towards pleasing a paid worker
Who is supposed to be my lecturer
Examination is here
Examination fear I bear
Burning the midnight candle like never before
All to be left wondering where did I go wrong
The noise of 411 I hear
That is your hope for success that's if you care
Frustration I ran for
But frustration is here
I wonder while they speak
Don't you have children?
How will you sleep failing innocent students?
All in the name of proving strigent points
I watch with disgust as some lecturers claim
This course most of you will fail
My heart shouted
My failure is your failure
Only a rusty machine produce rusty products
°
Finally I conclude
Academics has no gain
Only but to bring me pain
Yet I don't want to end in shame
Hoping one day I claim my fame.

Post a Comment

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search